FRRO stands for "Foreign Regional Registration Office".It is a special central police branch that will issue .Log on to their website for more details :

Not all students need to register themselves with FRRO.Only foreign Nationals/citizens of a country other than India(excluding : students holding PIO or OCI card/NRI students /students from Nepal & Bhutan) are required to register with FRRO department in India within 14 days of arrival in India.

It is the STUDENT FORM provided by your respective colleges for FRRO purposes(or by HSNC University, if you're studying in it's department).

It is the RESIDENTIAL FORM that mentions the place of stay in india. It is issued, along with the rent agreement, to the tenant by the landlord whether it's a hostel or paying guest or a friend/relative's house.

"Address for FRRO Mumbai is : 78/1, Badruddin Tayabji Marg, behind st.xevier collage, Dhobi Talao, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Area Fort Mumbai, Maharashtra-400001"

You could use public transport( railway - CST station and a cab thereafter) or private transport like ola/uber etc.We advise you to put the address on google maps before your visit.

Authorities may keep changing, so we cannot help you with one name.However, you maybe guided on your arrival at their mentioned address.

Kindly visit their website for detailed information (

FRRO does not charge any fee to students.However, if you visit them after the time limit of 14 days, they shall charge you with a late fee.

You have to create an account online and furnish information online.Kindly visit their website for detailed information (


Association of Indian Universities (AIU) is an organisation and association of major universities in India. It evaluates the courses, syllabi, standards, and credits of foreign Universities pursued abroad and equates them in relation to various courses offered by Indian Universities.The AIU is mainly concerned with the recognition of Degrees/Diplomas awarded abroad for the purpose of admission to higher degree courses in Indian Universities.

Students who come to India for studies need to obtain Equivalence Certificate issued by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.The Evaluation Division of AIU issues the Equivalence Certificate to students with foreign qualifications to facilitate their admission in Indian Universities.Through the AIU Equivalence certificate, they certify that the student’s education is equivalent to the education required as per Indian system of education for admission to Indian Universities.Thus if the elgibility department requires a student to submit the equivalence certificate, then the student must apply for it.

Equivalence is granted to students if he/she meets the following eligibility conditions:

  1. The degree has been awarded by a university which is duly approved/recognized/accredited in its own country.
  2. The student has pursued the programme of studies as a full time regular student on the campus of the university in the foreign country.
  3. The minimum eligibility qualification for admission to the programme and duration of the programme of the study is at least the same as prescribed in India.

    The students are advised to send the following documents for issuing Equivalence Certificate:
  1. Photocopy of the Degree / Certificate together with the year-wise Academic Transcript duly authenticated by the Indian Embassy in their country (or) their Mission in India.
  2. Accreditation status of the University / Institute, in which the student has last attended.
  3. Copies of the academic certificate of education.
  4. DD/RTGS ack
  5. Application Form
  6. The Envelope containing Application Form for Equivalence must mention at the top of the cover: “APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE of PGDM PROGRAMME” NOTE: NO EQUIVALENCE WILL BE ISSUED IN THE ABSENCE OF REQUIRED CERTIFICATES.These documents have to be submitted, either In Person or by Post at the following address: Evaluation Division, Association of Indian Universities, AIU House, 16 Comrade Indrajit Gupta Marg (Kotla Marg), New Delhi 110 002. Tel: 00 91 11 2323 0059 / 2429 / 2305.

AIU is a separate governmental body and has no connection with the HSNC University, which is why also, the fees has to be directly paid by the student to AIU and they will provide a receipt for the same along with the AIU equivalence certificate.Kindly look up their website for further details :

You could visit their website or send an email to these email ID's : / / / . Alternatively you can look up contacts here : or call here Tel: 00 91 11 2323 0059 / 2429 / 2305.